Cypriot hierarch publishes book on resolution of Ukrainian issue by canons
In his book, the Cypriot Metropolitan raises the issue of granting autocephaly and authority of the Patriarchate of Constantinople.
The hierarch of the Cypriot Orthodox Church, Metropolitan Nikiforos of Kykkos and Tylliria, published the book "The Modern Ukrainian Issue and Its Resolution According to the Divine and Sacred Canons", Archpriest Nikolai Danilevich said on his Telegram channel.
From the content, it is clear that the book, among other things, provides answers to the following questions:
• Which church jurisdiction does Ukraine belong to?
• Who has the right to grant autocephaly and under what conditions?
• Does the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople have the canonical right to receive appeals from clergy outside the boundaries of its jurisdiction?
• Who is the head of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church?
• The book contains about 160 pages of text, except for the technical apparatus.
The author is one of those hierarchs of the Church of Cyprus who opposed the arbitrary commemoration of the head of the OCU by Archbishop Chrysostomos.
As reported, Metropolitan Metropolitan Nikiforos of Kykkos and Tylliria and three other Metropolitans of Cyprus wrote an open letter to Patriarch Bartholomew, in which they expressed disagreement with his position on the OCU.