Ministry of Culture It's strange, but judges withdraw in the Tithe Church case
The Ministry of Culture said that "for unknown reasons" the judges are withdrawing from the case of the demolition of the church near the Church of the Tithes.
The lawsuit on the demolition of the temple near the Church of the Tithes is dragging on, as two judges have already withdrawn themselves for unknown reasons. This was reported in the press service of the Ministry of Culture on Facebook.
The Ministry of Culture said that on May 16, 2023, an appeal of the UOC against the decision of the Economic Court, which had previously decided to dismantle the temple, was to be considered. However, the meeting did not take place due to the self-withdrawal of the second judge, the department noted.
“It is strange that for unknown reasons, two presiding judges have already withdrawn from the case. We hope that the consideration of the case will take place on May 16,” the Ministry of Culture said.
At the same time, the ministry emphasized that its position on the demolition of the temple remains "unchanged."
As reported by the UOJ, the court ruled to demolish the Church of the Tithes.