On the eve of UOC monastery demolition trial, persecutors’ fate is recalled
The brethren of the Tithes Monastery noted that the Lord would immediately execute judgment on those who raised their hands to the shrine.
Each restoration of the Tithes Monastery is associated with the rise of the state, while each destruction is associated with its fall. This was stated in an appeal to the Ukrainian authorities by the clergy of the Tithes Monastery on the eve of the trial for the demolition of the monastery.
The brethren noted last time the Church of the Tithes was destroyed under Soviet rule: “After the atheists destroyed the temple, the punishing hand of God's truth did not take long. The further fate of the persecutors of the church was sealed.
- Stanislav Kosior, First Secretary of the CP (b) U, was shot on February 26, 1939;
- Pavel Postyshev, secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party (b) of Ukraine, was shot on February 26, 1939;
- Panas Lyubchenko, Council of People's Commissars of the Ukrainian SSR, committed suicide on August 30, 1937;
- Ivan Sapov, secretary of the Kyiv city committee of the CP (b) U, was shot on September 2, 1937;
- Rafail Petrushansky, chairman of the Kyiv city council, was shot on September 2, 1937.
God is their judge, but, as history shows, the Lord executes His judgment immediately,” the monastery noted.
The brethren also called on the authorities to stop the persecution of the UOC and not to incite hostility within the country.
The Vladimir-Olginsky Church of the Tithes Monastery was erected in 2006 with the blessing of His Beatitude Metropolitan Volodymyr. The temple was built on the site of the destroyed first cathedral church of Kievan Rus – the Cathedral of the Tithes.
As the UOJ reported, on February 8, a court hearing will be held to dismantle the building of the Tithes Monastery of the UOC.