President's Office names sanctioned persons in UOC
The National Security and Defense Council imposed sanctions against Novinsky, the Lavra’s abbot, and eight other hierarchs of the UOC.
Information appeared on the website of the President regarding the representatives of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church who were sanctioned by the National Security and Defense Council. The list of persons was published in an appendix under the decision of the National Security and Defense Council in relation to the UOC on the website of the President.
- Vadim Novinsky, deacon of the UOC.
- Metropolitan Pavel (Lebed), abbot of the Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra.
- Metropolitan Lazar (Shvets)of Simferopol and Crimea.
- Metropolitan Elisey of Izium and Kupiansk UOC (dismissed by the Synod of the UOC).
- Bishop Joseph of Romny and Buryn (dismissed by the Synod of the UOC).
- Bishop Agathon (Opanasenko) of Koktebel.
- Metropolitan Platon (Udovenko), head of the Feodosia diocese.
- Bishop Kalinnik of Bakhchisaray, vicar of the Simferopol diocese.
- Bishop Alexy of Dzhankoy and Razdolye, head of the Dzhankoy diocese.
- Archbishop Arkady of Rovenky and Sverdlovsk, head of the Rovenky diocese.
Sanctions include assets blocking, restricting trade operations, limiting, partial or complete cessation of the transit of resources, flights and transportation through the territory of Ukraine, preventing the withdrawal of capital from Ukraine, etc.
Clause 7 can be singled out in particular: prohibition of the lease of state property by residents of a foreign state and persons directly or indirectly controlled by residents of a foreign state or acting in their interests.
Sanctions are imposed for a period of 5 years.
Recall that earlier Zelensky put into effect the decision of the National Security and Defense Council on restrictive measures against the UOC.