Due to coronavirus, UOC to sew masks and help doctors
The Kyiv Metropolis has developed a strategy to combat the spread of coronavirus infection.
On March 23, 2020, with the blessing of the UOC Primate, His Beatitude Metropolitan Onuphry of Kyiv and All Ukraine, vicar bishops, vicars and hegumens of monasteries of the Kyiv Eparchy developed a plan of measures to combat the spread of coronavirus, announces the UOC Information and Education Department.
Metropolitan Anthony (Pakanich) of Boryspil and Brovary, UOC Chancellor, led the discussion of the plan to combat the coronavirus pandemic, which took place on the territory of the Holy Dormition Kyiv Caves Lavra.
The algorithm of social service under the coronavirus quarantine developed by the Kyiv Metropolis clergy includes such points:
- 1. Purchase or sewing and free distribution of personal protective equipment in all parishes and monasteries of Kyiv.
2. Reorientation of monastery sewing workshops to the production of protective masks for the population.
3. Creation of volunteer groups to supply elderly people with food and basic necessities.
4. Transportation by personal transport of employees of medical institutions to their workplace and home.
5. Preparation of all monasteries in the eparchy for the provision of temporary housing for medical workers who live outside the capital.