Mass media: Radicals charge $2 000 to $5 000 for actions against the UOC
According to journalists, a heavy-handed scenario in the ecclesiastic sphere of Ukraine is paused but can be resumed after January 7.
The Presidential Administration decided to use only information pressure until January 7 by transferring the communities of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church to the OCU. At the same time, the force scenario is not excluded. It was reported by Vesti publication with reference to its sources.
“In the regions bordering on the Russian Federation and Belarus, radical forces may be activated, in particular, Brotherhood and S14 (leader – Yevgeny Karas),” said the source which had been informed of the results of the meeting in the Administration. “At the same time, in a conversation with Igor Kononenko (one of the most influential MPs from BPP – note from Vesti), Korchinsky has raised the rates to $ 5,000 per one participant of an action, while Karas – to $ 2 thousand. However, there are no such funds so far to bankroll actions.”
According to Vesti, a number of organizations have already refused to participate in such an activity: the National Corps, the Right Sector, the UNA, Traditions and Order.
“In fact, there will be no visible actions until the OCU receives a tomos – until then the Church and the situation in Ukraine is, conventionally speaking, in the ‘gray zone’,” the outlet quotes expert Alexei Yakubin. “The position of Ukraine’s western partners also plays its role: during the week Marie Yovanovitch came to the Lavra to meet with Metropolitan Onufriy, which means that the Presidential Administration has been sent a signal: there should be no violent excesses before formalizing the new structure.”
Earlier, the Minister of Internal Affairs of Ukraine, Arsen Avakov, said that in the OCU creation he sees a possible factor of destabilizing the situation in the country before the elections because politicians can speculate on this and incite hostility.