Abbot of Kiev Lavra tells of imminent provocations against the monastery
Metropolitan Pavel of Vyshgorod and Chernobyl urged to enhance prayers for Orthodox shrines.
The Kiev-Pechersk Lavra continues to be facing threats. This was announced by the Abbot of the Holy Dormition Kiev-Pechersk monastery, Metropolitan Pavel of Vyshgorod and Chernobyl in his address, published on September 18 on YouTube-channel of the monastery.
"Now there are threats that on October 14, on the Holy Protection holiday, there will be resumed seizures of sanctities – the so-called "Moscow centers". “Why "Moscow" but not "Christ"? Do we have Moscow here? We preach Christ here, Who was crucified and risen from the dead, and call upon everybody to be Christians – not by letter but by spirit "said Vladyka Pavel.
Metropolitan Pavel stressed that the clergymen of the monastery are not engaged in politics, do not incite people to rebel against each other but pray "about their God-protected country, Ukraine, its power and army."
"We will not do evil, nor will we act according to malicious intent like those who are engaged today in collecting signatures in order to grab and return the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra to the state under some incomprehensible laws," said Metropolitan Pavel, urging all to pray for Orthodox shrines.
"We must strengthen prayers about our holy places, we must protect them," the hierarch said.
Earlier, the UOC Chancellor, Metropolitan Anthony (Pakanich) of Borispol and Brovary, stated that "nationalist groups were instructed to carry out provocations on October 14 in the Kiev-Pechersk and Pochaev Lavras." Last week, the demand to take away the Lavra from the UOC already appeared in the format of a petition on the website of the Cabinet of Ministers.